OK so I know what many of you are thinking. Why have I started a new blog if the other one I only had for a couple of months?
Well the simple answer is that I got sick of the name. "The Most Interesting Athlete in the World (Not Really)" was something I came up quickly and without much thought. Even though it was an amusing off shoot of the Dos Equis marketing idea it didn't really reflect what type of blog I wanted it to be.
Where did "Moments of Consciousness" come from?
Well, since I started participating in endurance sports I've always gotten that question about why I put myself through Ironman, marathons, cycling races etc.
There are always cliche type answers you can use, "because I can", "because I like pushing my limits/finding my limits" because it's fun" etc.
So I actually started to really think about why I put my body through such suffering besides the fact that I might be masochistic.
Have you ever been in a race, or maybe training where it dawns on you what you are doing? You sort of get to see yourself doing what your doing, like an out of body experience and you realize just how amazing it is that you can do?
This is a Moment of Consciousness, a moment were you can really appreciate the act of doing an endurance sport, no matter if at that moment you are feeling good or are trying to get though a tough patch.
These Moments of Consciousness are the reason I love endurance sports
So there's the story.....

:)
ReplyDelete